When you think of e-commerce websites, you don’t often think of using WordPress to build them. That’s unfortunate because WordPress powers 42.9% of all websites on the internet and 65.1% of websites whose content management systems are known, according to use statistics of content management systems. WordPress essentially powers one-third of the internet.
That means that any website, including e-commerce sites, can be created and maintained using WordPress. WordPress also makes it simple to manage products and gives you complete control over your online store’s functionality.
Thanks to the Pandemic, more and more clients are choosing to shop online. It’s essential for business coaches to create an e-commerce WordPress website for their coaching business. So that’s a resounding “YES!” to using WordPress, which means that you can feel confident with your decision.
In this tutorial, I’ll guide you through the design process of creating your own e-commerce website that will help you establish a strong online presence, boost your business growth, and make money.
I can’t emphasize this enough, having a successful e-commerce website means that your online coaching business is thriving, with a high volume of website traffic, conversions, and revenue. Creating an impeccable e-commerce WordPress website should provide a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience for your clients, from browsing to purchasing and beyond.
Some key indicators of a successful e-commerce website include:
- High conversion rate: A high percentage of visitors to your website convert into paying clients, indicating that your website is effectively engaging your target audience and driving sales.
- Low bounce rate: A low bounce rate indicates that visitors are finding what they are looking for on your website and are staying on your site for an extended period.
- Positive client feedback: This is an indicator of the overall satisfaction of your clients with your e-commerce WordPress website, including the product selection, shopping experience, and client support.
- Consistent traffic: Consistent traffic shows that your e-commerce website is visible and attracting a steady stream of potential clients.
- Repeat clients: Repeat clients are a testament to the quality of your products and client service, as they indicate that clients are satisfied and willing to come back to your website for more.
By continuously enhancing your e-commerce website, you can ensure long-term success and growth for your online business. Follow these 7 steps to create a successful e-commerce website so potential clients can find you easily.
Step 1: Research and Plan for your Website’s Success
The first step in creating a successful e-commerce website, whether WordPress or not, is to conduct thorough research and plan for your success. Determine WHO your target audience is, WHAT they want, and HOW you’re going to provide them with what they need. Identify the trends and the competition in your chosen market. This research will help you create a website that caters to the needs of your target audience and also gives them what they want.
- Define your target audience: The first step is to identify your target audience. Determine their demographics, psychographics, buying habits, and preferences.
- Conduct market research: Conduct market research to identify the trends and competition in your industry. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors and identify areas where you can differentiate your brand and stand out from the competition.
- Define your product selection: Determine the products or services you will offer on your e-commerce website. Identify your unique selling proposition (USP) and how your products or services differentiate from your competitors.
- Determine your pricing strategy: Determine your pricing strategy, including the pricing of your products and any promotions or discounts you will offer.
- Create a website structure and design: Create a website structure and design that is user-friendly and optimized for conversions. Determine the website navigation, product categories, and pages you will need on your website.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy: Develop a digital marketing strategy that includes tactics such as search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), social media marketing, and email marketing.
- Develop a client support strategy: Develop a client support strategy that includes multiple channels for client support, such as email, phone, and chat support.
By taking the time to research and plan your e-commerce website, you can create a website that is tailored to the needs of your target audience and is optimized for success. Remember to regularly review and update your e-commerce website based on feedback and performance metrics to ensure ongoing success and growth for your online business.
Step 2. Choose the Right Platform for your E-Commerce WordPress Website
Choosing the right e-commerce platform is crucial to the success of your online business. Although there are several options available, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and BigCommerce, I highly recommend using WordPress. No secret, right?
Choosing the right e-commerce platform is a critical decision for your online business. So why not start with the Best of the Best, the platform that powers over 64% of the websites out there . . . WordPress
Next, you’ll want to use WooCommerce to convert your WordPress website into a highly functioning and successful e-commerce website.
WordPress is FREE to download and install. You’ll need to host it with a hosting provider like Bluehost, Hostgator, WP-Engine, or one of the hundreds of hosting platforms. How ‘bout I save you some time and steer you directly to the BEST hosting platform I’ve used in my 28-year business, A2-Hosting. We’ve used A2-hosting for over a year now and couldn’t be more pleased with their performance and especially their customer service.
- Cost: Consider the cost of the e-commerce platform and whether it fits within your budget. Some platforms charge a monthly fee, while others charge a percentage of sales. WooCommerce is FREE to use.
- Ease of use: Choose an e-commerce platform that is user-friendly and easy to set up. Look for a platform with a simple and intuitive interface that does not require technical expertise.
- Customization: Choose an e-commerce platform that allows you to customize the design and functionality of your website to fit your brand and business needs.
- Features and functionality: Look for an e-commerce platform that offers the features and functionality you need to run your online business. This includes things like product management, payment processing, shipping and tax calculation, and client management.
- Security: Choose an e-commerce platform that provides robust security features to protect your website and client data. Look for a platform with SSL encryption, fraud protection, and regular software updates.
- Integration: Choose an e-commerce platform that integrates with other tools and software you use for your online business, such as accounting software, email marketing, and social media.
- Scalability: Choose an e-commerce platform that can grow with your business and handle increased traffic and sales as your business grows.
Be sure to research and compare different e-commerce platforms to determine which one is the best fit for your online business needs.
Step 3. Incorporate User-Friendly Design into your WordPress Website
The goal of your website is to bring in clients. When you’re thinking about the design of your e-commerce WordPress website, think “user-friendly” and “easy navigation.” Use a clean and simple design that complements your brand identity. Make sure that your website is optimized for mobile devices since a significant percentage of online shopping is done through smartphones and tablets.
Step 4. Display and Describe your Products
Your products should be displayed in a way that makes them appealing to your target audience. Use high-quality product images and provide detailed product descriptions that highlight the benefits and features of your products.
Step 5. Secure Checkout is a MUST-Have
Security is crucial for your e-commerce WordPress website. Ensure that your website is secure and that your clients can make secure transactions. Use SSL encryption to protect client data during transactions.
SSL encryption is a critical security feature for any e-commerce website.
Purchase an SSL certificate:
An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that verifies the identity of your website and encrypts the data exchanged between your website and its visitors. You can purchase an SSL certificate from a trusted SSL provider.
Install the SSL certificate on your web server:
Once you have purchased an SSL certificate, you need to install it on your web server. The process for installing an SSL certificate can vary depending on your web hosting provider and the SSL certificate you purchased. Your hosting provider should be able to install your SSL certificate for you.
Configure your website to use HTTPS:
HTTPS is a protocol that encrypts data exchanged between your website and its visitors. Once you have installed an SSL certificate, you need to configure your website to use HTTPS. This involves updating your website URLs to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Test your SSL configuration:
Once you have configured your website to use HTTPS, you should test your SSL configuration to ensure it is working correctly. You can use online tools like Qualys SSL Labs or SSL Checker to test your SSL configuration and identify any issues that need to be addressed.
By using SSL encryption, you can protect your website and client data from security threats, such as data theft, hacking, and eavesdropping. SSL encryption also provides reassurance to your website visitors that your website is secure and trustworthy, which will definitely help increase client trust and confidence in your online business.
Step 6. Set up Client Support through Multiple Channels
Good client support is essential for e-commerce WordPress websites. Provide multiple support channels, including email, phone, and chat support, to cater to the needs of your clients. This will help to build positive client experiences and increase loyalty. Below are the keys to good client support:
Providing good client support can help your e-commerce website build a positive reputation, increase client loyalty, and drive repeat business. By prioritizing client support and investing in a knowledgeable and experienced client support team, you can create a positive and memorable client experiences that set your e-commerce WordPress website apart from the competition.
Step 7. Market and Promote your WordPress Website
Here’s the deal, marketing and promoting your e-commerce website is essential for driving traffic, increasing brand awareness, and boosting sales. It’s not a one and done type of thing, meaning it’s ongoing and never ever stops. Not to be the voice of doom here, but if you aren’t marketing and promoting your website and your business . . . Well, you may not have a business very long. Here are some effective ways to market and promote your e-commerce website:
The best part is that by using a combination of these marketing and promotion strategies, you can build a strong online presence for your e-commerce WordPress website, attract new clients, and increase sales. Be sure to track your results and adjust your strategy based on what is working best for your business.
What is the most eye-opening part of creating your e-commerce WordPress website?
Let me know in the comments.
In conclusion, creating a successful e-commerce WordPress website for business coaches requires a combination of research, planning, design, and marketing. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can create an e-commerce website that is user-friendly, secure, and optimized for conversions. Remember to keep your clients at the forefront of everything you do, and you will be well on your way to online success.